This morning, Grammy-nominated and three-time Latin Grammy-winning artist Carla Morrison received two Latin Grammy nominations including Best Pop Vocal Album and Song Of The Year for “Encontrarme.”
With over 3.5 billion global streams across all digital streaming platforms, Carla has had an explosive year following the release of her highly anticipated album, El Renacimiento, via Cosmica Artists – all done while being fully independent. Her first project in over 6 years and a sonic departure from her beloved signature sound, the project has cemented Carla’s rightful place alongside today’s biggest superstars within the pop arena. With over 50 million streams within the first 3 weeks of release, the project received large acclaim from the New York Times, Rolling Stone, The Los Angeles Times, Billboard, Glamour, Telemundo, People En Español, Latina Magazine, Associated Press, Refinery29, and many more.
Additionally, Carla will be embarking on the second leg of her explosive sold out El Renacimiento that initially ran throughout North America and Mexico and will soon be hitting various new dates in California and Latin America. Carla also recently supported Coldplay on their Music of Spheres Tour (2022) in stadiums averaging at +60K capacity and sang with Ricky Martin onstage at the Latin Grammy Awards (2020). Find El Renacimiento Tour ticket info:
El Renacimiento chronicles her journey of healing from loss and returning to music and serves as her artistic reemergence and rebirth. Although her style is still rooted in her beloved acoustic-heavy sound, the project showcases her ability to effortlessly venture into a larger pop realm with versatility and depth.
The platinum selling and chart topping artist remains one of the most pivotal artists of the past decade with her art surpassing the boundaries of the Latin space resulting in a global, devout following and large cultural impact. She was recently featured on projects by Ricky Martin, J Balvin and Nicky Jam, the latter of which sampled her song “Disfruto” on his explosive track “Desahogo”.
Overall, Carla has accomplished monumental feats that many Latinx artists were not able to achieve in the United States before the Latin music explosion (pre-“Despacito”), ultimately breaking down boundaries for many artists today.
LISTEN TO EL RENACIMIENTO: https://ffm.to/elrenacimiento
WATCH THE “DIAMANTES” VIDEO
- October 8 – Guadalajara, Mexico @ Coordenada
- October 13 – Santiago, Chile @ Teatro Coliseo
- October 15 – Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Teatro Opera
- October 18 – Arequipa, Peru @ Teatro Municipal de Arequipa
- October 19 – Lima, Peru @ Teatro Peruano Japones
- October 27 – Santa Barbara, CA @ Campbell Hall – UCSB
- October 28 – San Luis Obispo, CA @ Miossi Hall – Cal Poly Arts
- October 29 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
- November 5 – León, Mexico @ Tecate Bajio
- November 26 – Bogotá, Colombia @Teatro Jorge Eliecer
- November 28 – Medellín, Colombia @ Teatro Metropolitano
- November 30 – Quito, Ecuador @ Teatro del Agora Casa de la Cultura
PHOTOS: CARLA MORRISON AT THE COLDPLAY MUSIC OF SPHERES TOUR IN MEXICO
PHOTOS: CARLA MORRISON AT HER SOLD OUT GREEK THEATER SHOW