Today, Compton’s multi-hyphenate producer and singer Channel Tres releases new single “No Limit” via GODMODE/RCA Records and announces his official signing with RCA in partnership with Godmode. His debut full-length album Real Cultural Shit is out later this fall.
Listen to “No Limit”: https://channeltres.lnk.to/NoLimit
Possessing one of the most distinctive voices in dance music right now, Channel uses his hushed baritone to set the scene on “No Limit.” The laid-back track evokes the possibility of a new connection, where there’s no telling what could happen next. It’s sexy and smooth, like the sun setting over a cookout in Compton.
Of his new single, Channel Tres says “’No Limit’ was made about my time in New Orleans and about my memories of backyard BBQs my family used to have in Compton. It also speaks of breaking past limitations in life and with a love interest.”
“No Limit” follows a series of head-bopping singles from Channel Tres including “Acid in my Blood” and “Ganzfeld Experiment,” released in February, and “Just Can’t Get Enough,” the funky, 70s-infused single sampling legendary soul man Teddy Pendergrass. The tracks make-up Real Cultural Shit, primed to be Channel’s most authentic work yet and a proper introduction into Compton house.
While house music has been experiencing a mainstream resurgence in 2022, Channel Tres has proven to be a pioneer in the space—he’s ahead of the curve. “Compton house” is his invention, a blend of the rhythms of Chicago house and Detroit techno with the snarl of West Coast rap. It’s proven to be an irresistible formula. His deep Barry White-like voice has found fans in everyone from Tyler, The Creator to Elton John to Barack Obama. He’s toured the world with artists like Robyn, Vince Staples, Disclosure, and Toro y Moi. His music has soundtracked Apple commercials, HBO series, Paris runway shows, and major motion pictures.
Fresh off the heels of his New York Fashion Week debut, sitting front row at Marni, Tommy Hilfiger, TIBI and more, Channel continues to expand his growing list of unique collaborators with a recent feature on the admired Mura Masa track “Hollaback Bitch” also featuring Shy Girl, and upcoming song with Honey Dijon off her forthcoming debut.
Additionally, following his Coachella debut, a showstopping performance at NYC’s Gov Ball, and a host of international summer festival stops, the West Coast polymath embarks on his largest North American headline tour to date. Today, he unveils an additional show in Los Angeles at The Fonda Theatre on December 8th. Tickets to Channel Tres’ tour can be purchased HERE: https://channeltres.net/
UPCOMING TOUR DATES:
!! = HEADLINE DATES
- 9/27 – Crescent Ballroom – Phoenix, AZ !! – SOLD OUT
- 9/28 – Electric Playhouse – Albuquerque, NM !!
- 9/30 – Emo’s – Austin, TX !!
- 10/1 – The Echo – Dallas, TX !!
- 10/2 – Warehouse Live – Studio – Houston, TX !!
- 10/4 – Variety Playhouse – Atlanta, GA !!
- 10/6 – Leland City Club – Detroit, MI !!
- 10/7 – Phoenix Concert Theatre – Toronto, ON !!
- 10/8 – S.A.T. – Montreal, QC !!
- 10/11 – Underground Arts – Philadelphia, PA !!
- 10/13 – Ai – Washington D.C. !!
- 10/14 – Brooklyn Steel – New York, NY !! – SOLD OUT
- 10/15 – Brooklyn Steel – New York, NY !! – Second show added
- 11/11 – Red Hill Auditorium – Perth, Australia (w/ Flume)
- 11/16 – Riverstage – Brisbane, Australia (w/ Flume)
- 11/18 – The Dome at Sydney Showground – Sydney, Australia (w/ Flume)
- 11/24 – John Cain Arena – Melbourne, Australia (w/ Flume)
- 12/6 – The Fonda – Los Angeles, CA !! – SOLD OUT
- 12/7 – The Fonda – Los Angeles, CA !! – SOLD OUT
- 12/8 – The Fonda – Los Angeles, CA !! – Third show added
- 12/10 – The Fremont Theater – San Luis Obispo, CA !!
- 12/14 – Wonder Ballroom – Portland, OR !!
- 12/15 – The Showbox – Seattle, WA !!
- 12/16 – Celebrities Nightclub, Vancouver, BC !! – SOLD OUT
- 12/17 – Celebrities Nightclub, Vancouver, BC !! – Second show added