Today, Princess Nokia releases a remix of her simmering single “Diva” that was released this past June, with a guest verse from the new face of Latin, Emilia.
Argentinian singer-songwriter Emilia lends her sensual and smooth vocals to “Diva,” with a verse entirely in Spanish. The original release is an ode to Princess Nokia’s confident self and the women that paved the way for her, highlighting icons from Britney to Aaliyah, as well as her heritage in Puerto Rico’s indigenous Taíno culture.
“Diva” follows the recent release of Princess Nokia’s latest acting role starring in the film Daughter Of The Sea, with Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez highlighting it for exploring Taíno and AfroBoi identities. Princess Nokia also joined AOC on the Working Families Party float at the Puerto Rican Day Parade, and her recent single “No Effort” was named among the Best of 2022 (So Far) by Elle and NPR Music.
Earlier this year, Princess Nokia made her triumphant return to Coachella, played a massive hometown Madison Square Garden performance with Haim, and featured on a benefit compilation album for Record Store Day alongside Taylor Swift. Princess Nokia is currently on the road in Europe, with upcoming stops including Sziget Festival, Edinburgh International Fest and Firefly Festival.
HEAR “DIVA” FEAT. EMILIA
- August 6 – Lustenau, AT @ Szene Open Air Festival
- August 10 – Oslo, NO @ Øyafestivalen
- August 12 – Gothenburg, SE @ Way Out West
- August 13 – Helsinki, FI @ Flow Festival
- August 15 – Budapest, HU @ Sziget Festival
- August 17 – Edinburgh, UK @ Edinburgh International Fest
- August 20 – Paredes de Coura, PT @ Paredes de Coura Festival
- September 23 – Dover, DE @ Firefly Festival