MTN Share: How To Transfer Airtime On MTN
MTN Share is an advantageous MTN service that enables customers to share/transfer airtime (credit) from their MTN account to the accounts of other MTN customers.
This service is now offered at no cost to both new and existing MTN prepaid and postpaid customers. Before transferring airtime using MTN Share, you must change the default PIN from 0000 to your desired number to activate the service.
You can change your MTN Share PIN by sending an SMS message or dialing a USSD code. After effectively changing your PIN, you will receive an SMS notification confirming the change.
Table of Contents
How to transfer MTN airtime/credit using SMS & USSD
How to activate/change your MTN Share PIN
|SMS||1. Send an SMS to 321 with your default PIN and new PIN.
2. Enter 321Default PINNew PINNew PIN# on your phone, followed by send or ok.
|USSD||1. Dial 321Default PINNew PINNew PIN# on your phone, followed by send or ok.|
Airtime transfer using SMS
|SMS||1. Send an SMS to 321 containing Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount, and PIN.
2. Confirm the transfer by responding YES to the received confirmation message.
Airtime transfer using USSD
|USSD||1. Dial 321Recipient’s NumberAmount.
2. Enter your phone’s PIN number and then select send or press OK.
3. Await the confirmation message signifying the successful completion of the transfer.
Things to note when using MTN Share
- Transfer quantities must be denominated in Naira and not kobo (e.g. NGN71.00 is allowed but not NGN71.99)
- In a single transaction, you can transmit between NGN50 and NGN5,000.
- The utmost daily transfer amount to a single or multiple MTN accounts is NGN50,000.00.
- There is no daily cap on the number of transactions.
- If your MTN prepaid account lacks sufficient airtime to cover the transfer amount, the transaction will fail and an error message will be displayed.
- Postpaid customers can only transmit airtime if they have a positive account balance. Negative balances will prevent transfers of airtime.