This summer, the Japanese live-music scene of various international artists is coming back to life and in full force after 3 long years. The headliners of the music fest are the British rock band, The 1975, alongside Post Malone. Closely following the headliners are:
- Carly Rae Jepsen, with further success anticipated after celebrating last year the 10th year of her smash hit single, “Call Me Baby”.
- CL, the rapper from Korean Pop group, 2NE1.
- Kasabian, who has recently made a comeback and sold out his UK tour.
- The legendary rock band with so many followers, The Libertines.
- The Italian newcomer who instantly became the new generation’s fave rock band, Måneskin.
- Megan Thee Stallion, the female emcee setting fire to the hip-hop scene; and a host of other international artistes.
“Summer Sonic is going to make a full and strong comeback,” the festival’s Naoki Shimizu said in a statement. “Festivals overseas like Coachella are coming up very soon and moving forward to reach this goal.
“We cannot win back the time we lost, but please give us a chance to make it up! Instead of being afraid and staying inside, why don’t we feel the connection to the world by experiencing our Summer Sonic! Let’s bring back the exciting days with full of live music festivals! We cannot fulfil our dreams without dreaming.”
Tickets will be the membership pre-sales starting this Friday, 18th.