News

Megan Thee Stallion Sends Strong Message To ‘Haters’ Following Tory Lanez’s Sentencing; Fans, Others React

Following the 10-year prison term for Tory Lanez’s shooting of Megan Thee Stallion, She has issued a bold statement to those who still doubt and question her. The Houston hitmaker momentarily interrupted her set on Sunday, August 13, at the Outside Lands Music Festival in San Francisco, California, to address the audience about the sad events that have occurred since the incident in July 2020.

Megan Thee Stallion Sends Strong Message To 'Haters' Following Tory Lanez'S Sentencing; Fans, Others React, Yours Truly, News, April 24, 2024

Walking across the stage while holding up her middle finger, Megan Thee Stallion said,

“So today, I just want to say f*ck all my haters. None of that shit you were saying or doing broke me. None of that shit y’all be doing or saying to the Hotties broke them. And I want all the Hotties to put they muthafuckin’ middle finger up right now.”

Most of the audience erupted in response to her statement and raised their middle fingers. Many of Tory Lanez’s admirers, some of whom have been venting their annoyance at Megan, have harshly condemned the rapper’s hefty sentence despite Megan’s refusal to name any specifics.

Earlier this month, “Gyalis” hitmaker Capella Grey went as far as to assert that Megan wasn’t even shot in the first place when criticizing Tory’s sentencing on social media. As he wrote,

“1. Ya industry n-ggas be pussies,”

“2. We don’t condone ANY typa violence against women ever. So we’re not saying free him because we are condoning a shooting. If she was shot then of course prison would be deserved, bro or not bro. We are saying free him because the girl wasn’t shot.”

He continued:

“Regardless of if you fw him or not, the fact is something is too weird about this case. Too weird. And now this case too much for the truth to even matter anymore. Ya be saying free ya babyfathers that be locked up for PROVEN RAPE and PROVEN MURDER. “In this case he’s not even in jail for shooting her. He is not in jail for assault. That’s my bredin & im just saying this shit don’t make sense.”

Similar sentiments have also been stated by Akademiks, who has a history of animosity for Megan Thee Stallion. Last month, he told VladTV that he still doesn’t think Tory shot Megan and that the media coverage of his trial was “biased.”

Megan Thee Stallion Sends Strong Message To 'Haters' Following Tory Lanez'S Sentencing; Fans, Others React, Yours Truly, News, April 24, 2024
Tory Lanez/Youtube | Rich Fury/Getty Images

After Tory Lanez was found guilty in April, Megan Thee Stallion retaliated against everyone questioning her claims. According to Megan,

“For years, my attacker laughed and joked about my trauma. For years, my attacker peddled false narratives about what happened on the night of July 12, 2020. My attacker tried to leverage social media for years to take away my power,” “Imagine how it feels to be called a liar every day? Especially from a person who was once part of your inner circle.”

She continued:

“I could have let the adversity break me, but I persevered, even as people treated my trauma like a running joke. First, there were conspiracy theories that I was never shot. Then came the false narratives that my former best friend shot me.” “Even some of my peers in the music industry piled on with memes, jokes, and sneak disses and completely ignored the fact that I could have lost my life. Instead of condemning violence against a woman, these individuals tried to justify my attacker’s actions.”

Megan Thee Stallion Sends Strong Message To 'Haters' Following Tory Lanez'S Sentencing; Fans, Others React, Yours Truly, News, April 24, 2024

Despite the sentencing, Tory Lanez refused to accept responsibility for shooting Megan in a statement he released on August 10, two days after receiving his sentence. The statement had the words,

“I have never let a hard time intimidate me I never let no jail time eliminate me,” “Regardless of how they try to spin my words, I have always maintained my innocence and I always will.” “This week in court I took responsibility for all the verbal and intimate moments I shared with the parties involved…That’s it. In no way shape or form was I apologizing for the charges I’m being wrongfully accused of. I remain on the stance that I refuse to apologize for something that I did not do.”

Back to top button