Beyoncé’s Childhood Home Catches Fire On Christmas Day

On Christmas Day, Beyoncé’s childhood house was unfortunately gutted with fire.

Early on Christmas Day, firefighters from Houston, Texas’ Third Ward arrived at a fire in the 2400 block of Rosedale Street, according to local station KIAH. After a three-minute response period, they were able to substantially put out the flames ten minutes after their arrival.

Luckily, the couple that lived there, together with their two kids, were present at the time but unharmed. It is still unknown what started the two-story house fire. The National Fire Protection Association reports that December is the month with the highest number of residential fires in the United States, which is likely due to the impact of the Christmas season.

According to TMZ, the Knowles family, most known for their daughter Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, who blossomed into an international music phenomenon and holds the record for the most Grammy wins, paid $64,000 for the Houston property in 1981.

But sfter Solange Piaget Knowles, Beyoncé’s sister and another Grammy-winning musician, was born in 1986, they moved out of the three-bedroom residence. The house has an office area, three bathrooms, and a spiral staircase. The adjacent 8,640-square-foot lot was purchased for $310,000 last year, according to TMZ.

After two September shows in Houston, Beyoncé, the star of the family, wrapped up her 39-city Renaissance World Tour, raking in a huge $579 million.

Back to top button