Rapper Young Buck says “Power” creator 50 Cent forced him into bankruptcy.
Everyone knows that Young Buck and 50 Cent haven’t been on the best terms. The former G-Unit star recently appeared in an interview on the It’s Tricky with Raquel Harper podcast posted Tuesday, April 12, where he spoke about what’s happened between them.
The “Straight Outta Cashville” rapper accused Fif of driving him into bankruptcy. He revealed that he has been receiving cease-and-desist letters from the “In Da Club” star since last year. Fifty had told Buck that the label owns his entire catalogue. Buck said he filed for bankruptcy to stop 50 Cent from derailing his music career.
Explaining the situation, Buck said, “Once he stopped me from being able to make money, I filed another bankruptcy. They stopped him from being able to cease-and-desist in regards to me being able to, you know… I included what he claimed that I owed him in the bankruptcy to be able to say, ‘Well hey, if you’re owed this and present whatever receipts or whatever… You will be paid type of situation.’ But that was the only way I was able to go forward with working, so.”
Fifty claimed around 2021 ending that a total $24,228.14 in royalties is owed to him. He stated that Buck had been trying to hide them. Buck said in the new interview that he’s only trying to move on with his life. He said, “I’m definitely not looking to go down a whole long drawn-out court situation, things like that, when it could all get handled and be done on a business level if we had that conversation to get that clarity. He could get whatever he’s looking for from me, I can get what I’m needing from him. I can move on with my life, and continue feeding my kids. He could do the same. Like I said, my biggest situation was the fact that he sent cease-and-desists out to try to stop all of my music, and get everything pulled down based on saying I’m still an artist on G-Unit.”